Monday, November 1, 2010

Today I'm loving...

Right,.... back to blogging about trying to love my home again....today I love our tiles, our outdoor tiles. 
Sorry, very unexciting photo!








They are travertine and we extended them through the alfresco (what a posh sounding name for what is essentially just an outdoor dining area!) through to the pool and even used them as the edge around the pool (with a bit of a sand to take the hard sharp edge off) , which makes the pool a bit different in  that it doesn't have the traditional bull nosed tile, and we hope gives it more of a modern look.  Maybe lol. 
But I do love them, I love their natural look and texture, but I mostly love how soft they feel under bare feet, if it's possible for a tile to feel soft, but they do.

I love sitting out here in the very early morning. You can hear the surf softly and it's a great place to start my day with a quiet coffee (or two if I'm lucky) before the family descends and the usual morning mayhem begins!
Have a great day x

2 comments:

Felicity said...

What a great idea for the pool area, I'll be sharing this with my brother as he is about to start building a beautiful new home. The colour is gorgeous too and I love the minimal grout.

Felicity x

chateaudelille said...

I love travertine so I think it looks fantastic!Fiona